passing through the border: unaccompanied trailers
At the port of Dover, the following documents and information are required for trailers to be allowed to board (to be communicated to the shipping company):
Pairing will be completed automatically by the shipping company when processing the booking. Once registration has been confirmed, the driver can take the trailer to the unaccompanied trailer park.
Please note: goods documents, the TIR/ATA book and sanitary certificates must travel with the trailer.
THE LOGISTICS ENVELOPE
FOR GROUPAGE, USE THE LOGISTICS ENVELOPE
Each batch on board the vehicle corresponds to a unique MRN. The driver must present as many MRNs as there are batches. The french customs offers an app for grouping MRNs under ONE SINGLE barcode: the logistics envelope.
The logistics envelope can be generated by the customs broker, the transporter or even the driver. Likewise, several logistics envelopes can be grouped under a single barcode.
ASSIGNMENT OF CUSTOMS STATUS
During the crossing, French Customs carry out document checks. At the end of these checks, a customs status is assigned to the goods: green or orange status
The file is in order, the driver can come and collect the trailer from the unaccompanied park.
The file needs to be properly completed or the cargo inspected. The trailer can only be retrieved after the status has been put in order.
- The advance customs declaration is awaiting validation by the customs broker
- The advance customs declaration is awaiting administrative authorisation (by French customs)
- The cargo is subject to a physical inspection (by French customs)
- The trailer is travelling under the TIR / ATA regime
- The ENS declaration has not been completed
ORANGE SIVEP (Veterinary and phytosanitary inspection service):
- The cargo is subject to documentary and identity checks of regulated goods (such as products of animal origin intended for consumption, live animals, plants etc and fishery products)
- The cargo is subjected to a sanitary inspection
HOW DO I KNOW IF THE TRAILER CAN BE RELEASED?
- The RDE (customs broker) will be aware of the status of the goods via the customs declaration platform and can immediately validate the declaration in the event of ORANGE STATUS or organise the physical inspection of the goods, if this is the case.
- The Haulier can check the status of the trailer by logging onto the web app: e-border Calais port (QR code opposite to scan or at m.portboulognecalais.fr and follow the procedure to download it).
Simply enter the trailer licence plate number.
THE HAULIER WILL THEN KNOW:
- If the trailer can be retrieved (green status)
- If they need to wait for the status to be put in order (orange status)
GRANTING ORANGE STATUS
In most cases, the haulier can monitor developments with the status of the cargo via the app: e-border Calais port.
As soon as it changes to green, the trailer can be picked up.
For certain authorisations (Customs controls or physical inspection of goods), only the RDE (or their Clerk representative) will have the information for the BAE (Good to Go) which marks the end of controls. The haulier must then follow their instructions.
THE TRAILER CAN ONLY BE RELEASED AFTER PUTTING ITS STATUS IN ORDER AND ISSUING A BAE IN SOME CASES.