passing through the border: accompanied vehicles
At the port of Dover, during check-in at the shipping company’s checkpoint, the driver must present:
Pairing is done automatically by the shipping company during check-in. Once check-in has been validated, the vehicle can go directly to boarding.
THE LOGISTICS ENVELOPE
FOR GROUPAGE, USE THE LOGISTICS ENVELOPE
Each batch on board the vehicle corresponds to a unique MRN. The driver must present as many MRNs as there are batches. The french customs offers an app for grouping MRNs under ONE SINGLE barcode: the logistics envelope.
The logistics envelope can be generated by the customs broker, the transporter or even the driver. Likewise, several logistics envelopes can be grouped under a single barcode.
ASSIGNMENT OF CUSTOMS STATUS
During the crossing, French Customs carries out the documentary checks. On completion of these checks, a customs status is assigned to the goods: green or orange status
The file is in order, and the vehicle can leave the port as soon as the ferry disembarks.
The file needs to be put in order or the cargo inspected. The vehicle cannot leave the port until everything is in order. So the driver must park in the parking area provided for this purpose.
- The advance customs declaration is awaiting validation by the customs broker
- The advance customs declaration is awaiting administrative authorisation (by French customs)
- The cargo is subjet to a physical inspection (by French customs)
- The vehicle is travelling under the TIT / ATA regime
- The ENS declaration has not been carried out
ORANGE SIVEP (Veterinary and phytosanitary inspection service):
- The cargo is subject to documentary and identity checks of regulated goods (such as products of animal origin intended far consumption, live animals, plants etc and fishery products)
- The load is subjected to a sanitary inspection
CHECKING THE CUSTOMS STATUS OF GOODS
THE RDE (Customs Broker) WILL KNOW THE STATUS OF THE CARGO via the customs declaration platform and can immediately validate the declaration in case of ORANGE STATUS or organise the sanitary inspection of the goods, if this is the case.
AT THE SAME TIME, THE DRIVER (AND HAULIER, IF THEY WISH) WILL BE AWARE OF THE STATUS OF THEIR TRAILER ON BOARD THE FERRY:
- Either by checking the dedicated display screens in the "driver" areas on board the ferries
- Or by logging onto the web app: e-border Calais Port or at m.portboulognecalais.fr
flash the QR Code
All you need to do is provide the number of the vehicle's front licence plate.
DRIVERS WILL THEN KNOW:
- if they can leave the port as soon as the ferry disembarks (GREEN STATUS)
- or if they have to go and park up (ORANGE STATUS), on the parking areas provided for this purpose while the declaration is put in order.
PLEASE NOTE: FOR THE CATEGORIES OF GOODS BELOW, REFER TO THE SECTION "TRANSPORTING SEAFOOD, LIVE ANIMALS AND PLANTS"
- Live animals
- Animal products (meat, seafood, dairy products, egg products, honey...)
- Animal products not intended for human consumption
- Animal feed
In most cases, the driver (and haulier, if required) can follow developments with the status of the load via the app: e-border Calais port.
As soon as it changes to green, they can leave the port.
For certain authorisations (Customs controls or physical inspection of goods), only the RDE (or their Clerk representative) will have the information for the BAE (Good to Go) which marks the end of the checks. The driver must then follow their instructions.
EXITING THE PORT WITHOUT AUTHORISATION WOULD BE TREATED AS A CUSTOMS CODE VIOLATION (SMUGGLING)