In Boulogne-sur-Mer, a training centre offers access to the various trades of the seafood product industry and provides specialist skilled labour:
- Fishing jobs (management and operation of fishing vessels)
- Processing and distribution jobs (fish-market employee, filleter, department manager, etc.)
- Quality, Production and Research & Development managers
- Specialist technical sales representatives, buyers and logisticians, etc.
- Le Lycée Professionnel Maritime (maritime vocational high school)
This school provides young people with maritime training mostly focused on occupations in the fishing industry. (Sailor, mechanic, sales, mechatronics technician, etc.)
- Le Centre de Formation aux Produits de la Mer Marcel Baey (CFPM: Seafood product training centre)
This centre offers specialist training in the fields of processing, technology, hygiene, quality and the cooking of seafood products.
- L’Université du Littoral Côte d’Opale (ULCO: Opal Coast University)
This university provides initial training, in IUP or IUT sections, and instruction in commercial, production, research and development jobs, etc. (e.g. IUP course in food processing and fishing processes – specialised in the quality of food processing and fishing processes, etc.)
- HALIOMER technical institute