All the scientific and technical expertise related to Research & Development is brought together in Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Laboratory of the Université du Littoral Côte d’Opale (ULCO: Opal Coast University)
The primary objective of the Opal Coast University is to develop competitive, high-quality research focused on several complementary themes: Environment, Coastline Environments and Sustainable Development, Mathematics, Sciences for the engineer, Languages, Literature, History and Culture.
- Institut Français de Recherche pour l’Exploitation de la Mer - IFREMER (French marine research institute)
The national marine research institute Ifremer contributes, through its work and expertise, to knowledge of the oceans and their resources, monitoring of the marine and coastline environment, and the sustainable development of maritime activities.
It designs and implements observation, experimentation and monitoring tools, and manages the French oceanographic fleet for the whole scientific community.
- Le Centre d’Expérimentation et de Valorisation des Produits de la Mer (CEVPM: Centre for seafood product experimentation and exploitation)
The CEVPM is a sector technical centre, specialised in the food processing of aquatic products. It serves the companies in this sector, their representatives and the relevant government departments.
It works mostly in two highly complementary units:
An analysis laboratory accredited by COFRAC
A food technology workshop certified by the Veterinary Services
- L’Agence nationale de Sécurité Sanitaire (ANSES: French agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health Safety)
ANSES is an independent public establishment for technology watch, whistleblowing, expertise, research and the promotion of research, which contributes to the protection and improvement of public health, the health and well-being of animals, and the health of plants and the environment.
It proposes solutions to enhance the performance of public decision making and ensure a satisfactory safety level in its fields of expertise.
It assesses health and nutrition risks and benefits, recommends health protection measures, conducts and promotes research work at the national level, watches, monitors, alerts and conducts training and information activities.
- Pôle Aquimer
Pôle Aquimer, an interprofessional organisation set up in 1999, brings together specialists from large and medium-sized entities in the scientific and economic world, wanting to move forward in a more professional, high-quality approach. Its aim is to improve the competitiveness of companies by helping them develop their business through innovation, quality and the development of their technology.
Pôle Aquimer's strategy focuses on three themes:
- The rational and sustainable exploitation of sustainable species
- The enhancement of businesses' technical expertise and environment
- The improvement of food safety
Find out more about Research & Training